Thursday, November 19, 2009

10 Worst Things to Say

Good morning...

I got this article from Monster.com today - 10 things not to say to someone who just got laid off:

http://insidetech.monster.com/benefits/articles/6417-10-worst-things-to-say-to-someone-who-just-got-laid-off?utm_source=crm&utm_content=it_c1_20091119_CRIM&WT.mc_n=CRMUS000627

#3 JUST about made me punch my computer monitor, and it's not the monitor's fault, poor inanimate object is just showing me the article! While there are a few upsides to being laid off, no one needs them pointed out. Let us discover them on our own - for me, it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

#9 and #10, I can't believe people have to be instructed to not say those things!

Ah.... navigating the waters is hard on everyone these days!

I'm going to work out, then have lunch with a woman I used to work with. My best friend told me that while things are slow with recruiting and job hunting, I should go out to lunch a lot. I took her VERY literally :) I'm sure she meant to do it as a networking thing, but today, a burger and a beer sounds like the better plan.




3 comments:

  1. Funemployed? They say that?

    So wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh...I know I'm not supposed to suggest things you can do while you're unemployed...

    But you COULD get your Fungineering Degree!!

    YEEHAW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately Obama's education credits don't cover that degree.

    Camevil, yes, people say that. And worse. If one can look at it as an objective third party, it is a very interesting study in dysfunctional communication.

    On the other hand, I've gotten support and kindness from people who I'd never in a million years think would be that way for me. It's very interesting. People are very surprising.

    ReplyDelete